Bill's Home On The Range

Just here to ramble about what might interest me and if we are lucky it will interest you too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nevada, United States

Just your average wannabe internet geek.....

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Did you miss me....................

Wow, I can't believe that it has been 8 months since I have written anything here. I started out like gangbusters, much like I do on most new and exciting things in my life, but then I just died out. Could it have been the extended vacation thanks to my stint as unemployed? Well, maybe.

Let me sort of catch you up on life as it has gone by.

My wonderful wife and I finished off our Arizona extravaganza. Two weeks of togetherness and wrapped it up with the purchase of our new fifth-wheel trailer. I know, who goes on vacation in a trailer and buys a new trailer two days before they are going home...... anyone...... Buehler....... thats right me and my wife!

After returning, both Sylvia and I actually started new jobs. Mine was just to pass the time and make a few bucks. I lasted all of two months as a car salesman. Come on, I was selling Subaru's to the granola eating, liberal voting, tree hugging crowd. Not too bad for a guy with a Bush / Chaney sticker on the back of his diesel truck.

Of course, when you are a guy with "skilz" you are in constant demand. It only took a few weeks before it got out that I was on the market and the phone calls came flooding in. Okay, not exactly flooding in, but there was at least three inquiries.

I decided to take a job at a Country Club. That's right, cowboy boots and wranglers meets khakis and polo shirts. I was offered an excellent opportunity at one of the top 5 golf clubs in Northern Nevada. I started as the Dir. of Sales and Marketing for Thunder Canyon Country Club on May 9th, 2006. Let me tell you, its not a bad place to be.

Summer just flew by at my new job. Okay, is it a job if you get to be paid to play golf? Yes it is! Are you jealous yet?

Overall the job is going well. Slowed down now that their is snow on the ground, but by March it will be going like crazy.

That pretty much gets you all up to speed on where things are. I hope to keep this more upto date than I have.

Talk to you soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

1:21 PM  
Blogger adam brown said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home